An Important Message on COVID-19
GEM was founded on the simple premise that by connecting girls to women for mentorship, these relationships can create lasting social and economic impact. Since 2012, GEM has achieved exactly that, nurturing hundreds of relationships resulting in transformational change for many GEMgirls. The outbreak of the COVID-19 global pandemic has been particularly hard on all of us as it has disrupted the way by which we connect and build relationships with one another.
Since the onset of the pandemic, GEM has worked hard to ensure the health and safety for all of our staff, mentees, mentors, and volunteers. We are fulfilling our responsibilities to them, our communities, our partners, and our society by effecting the following measures:
- GEM staff members are working remotely from the safety of their homes, and are collaborating with each other, and partners by phone, video calls or other digital forums;
- We continue to facilitate our mentorship program, but do so through virtually, using technology such as videoconferencing;
- We have asked mentors and mentees to restrict their check-ins and meetings to be a telephone call or online video-chats;
- All of our live workshops including GEMinars and Enrichment opportunities are held virtually online; and
- All GEM meetings or corporate business are conducted through telephone, or online videoconferencing.
We are monitoring the developments of the pandemic and will keep you informed and updated when it is safe to make changes to any of the measures above. Until then, we wish you and yours’ health and wellness in 2021.