The GEM program connects motivated high school girls with a female mentor for a 9-month mentorship program. Through the program, mentees will develop professional skills, build confidence, seek resume-building opportunities and will be connected with a network of women and girls to help and support one another.
GEM mentors support mentees in their personal and professional growth, focusing on key areas including goal setting, time-management and confidence building, bringing them one step closer to achieving their goals and aspirations.
- Will you be attending high school for the duration of the school year?
- Do you live in the GTA with access to public transit?
- Do you face barriers that limit you? For example financial barriers, discrimination due to your ethno-cultural, faith or gender? Low-confidence?
- Will you be able to commit to the orientation and following nine (9)-month mentorship relationship from September-June which requires weekly online touch-points as well as monthly in-person meetings?
- Can attend all five (5) of our mandatory ‘GEMinar’ workshops?
- Receive permission from your parent/guardian to join the GEM program?