GEM’s comprehensive 9-month Mentorship Program connects motivated high school girls with successful professional women, and provides unique experiential educational opportunities to enhance their professional skills and build confidence. Accepted Mentees join a broad network of accomplished women and girls in diverse industries across the GTA.
GEM Mentors support Mentees in their personal and professional growth, focusing on key areas including goal setting, time management, and confidence building. This support brings Mentees one step closer to achieving their goals and aspirations.
- Will you be attending high school for the duration of the 2022-23 school year?
- Do you live in the GTA with access to public transit?
- Do you face barriers that limit academic and professional opportunities? (E.g. financial barriers, discrimination due to faith, ethnocultural background, gender, etc.)
- Will you be able to commit to attending an orientation session and sustaining a 9-month mentorship relationship from September – June which requires weekly online touchpoints as well as monthly meetings?
- Can you attend all 5 of our mandatory GEMinar workshops?
- Can you receive permission from your parent/guardian to join the GEM program?