1. Application: Applications open in January and close at the end of March each year.
2. Interview: Once applications close, applicants will be shortlisted for an interview with GEM. Mentor interviews begin in May.
3. Acceptance and Police Check: Applicants who are accepted into the program will then be considered for matching. All accepted mentors must submit a cleared police check before the program start date.
4. Matching: GEM uses a comprehensive matching and screening process, based on the needs of the mentee cohort. Mentors are matched based on the mentee career aspirations, needs, hobbies, interests and residential location. Acceptance and Matching takes place in July.
5. Orientation: Matched mentors must attend a mandatory orientation prior to program start date. Orientation is held at the end of August.
6. Program Start: The GEM program officially starts at GEMinar #1 in September. There, you will meet your mentee match.