1. Application and Vulnerable Sector Check: Applications for the 2023-24 cohort will open on October 13, 2022 and close on May 31, 2023. All mentors are required to submit a cleared Vulnerable Sector Check dated no earlier than 2020 with their application. Please read the preamble before starting your application for more information on this process.
2. Screening and Interviews: Once applications close, applicants will be shortlisted for an interview with GEM. Mentor application screening and interviews will take place in Spring 2023.
3. Acceptance: Applicants who are accepted into the program will then be considered for matching.
4. Matching: GEM uses a comprehensive matching and screening process, based on the needs of the mentee cohort. Mentors are matched based on the mentee career aspirations, needs, hobbies, interests and residential location. Acceptance and Matching will take place in Summer 2023.
5. Orientation: Matched mentors must attend a mandatory orientation prior to program start date. Orientation will be held at the beginning of September 2023.
6. Program Start: The GEM program officially starts at GEMinar #1 at the end of September 2023. You will be introduced to your mentee at that time.