1. Application and Police Check: Applications for the 2021-2022 cohort will open on January 18, 2021 and close on March 21, 2021. We ask that all mentor applicants submit proof of payment for a Vulnerable Sector Check with their local police service (City of Toronto, Peel Region, Durham Region, etc.) OR submit an existing cleared police check from no earlier than 2018 via email to GEM Staff
(email@example.com) on the date they submit their application online. Submitting this proof of payment or cleared police check is essential to having your application considered for the 2021-22 cohort. More information on this process can be found in the mentor application.
2. Screening and Interviews: Once applications close, applicants will be shortlisted for an interview with GEM. Mentor application screening and interviews will take place from March 18, 2021 to May 12, 2021.
3. Acceptance: Applicants who are accepted into the program will then be considered for matching.
4. Matching: GEM uses a comprehensive matching and screening process, based on the needs of the mentee cohort. Mentors are matched based on the mentee career aspirations, needs, hobbies, interests and residential location. Acceptance and Matching will take place in July 2021.
5. Orientation: Matched mentors must attend a mandatory orientation prior to program start date. Orientation will be held at the end of August 2021.
6. Program Start: The GEM program officially starts at GEMinar #1 in September 2021. You will meet your mentee match at the event.