If you are a self-identified high school girl in the Hamilton-Wentworth area, applications for the 2023-2024 cohort are open!
Click on the button below to apply:
GEM Mentors support Mentees in their personal and professional growth, focusing on key areas including goal setting, time management, and confidence building.
Are you interested in being a GEM Mentee?
1. Will you be attending high school for the 2022-23 school year?
2. Do you face barriers that limit academic and professional opportunities? (E.g., financial barriers, discrimination on the basis of gender, religion, culture, etc.)
3. Can you attend up to 5 'GEMinar' workshops per cohort year (Skill-building workshops that take place on a Saturday morning from 10:00am-12:30pm?)
4. Can you commit to a 9-month mentorship relationship which includes digital weekly touch-points and monthly in-person meetings?
5. Can you receive permission from your parent/guardian to join the GEM program?
GEM's comprehensive 9-month Mentorship Program connects motivated, self-identified high school girls with successful professional women and provides unique experiential opportunities to enhance their professional skills and build confidence. Accepted mentees join a broad network of accomplished women and girls in diverse industries across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).
Our Hamilton Mentor applications have now closed. Please join our mailing list to be notified when applications open.
The Mentor applications for the 2022-2023 program have closed. Please join our mailing list to be notified when applications open for the 2023-2024 program.
The GEM program helps self-identified girls break through barriers to success by connecting them with a female mentor for a 9-month mentorship relationship.
GEM Mentors support Mentees in navigating key personal and professional development areas, including goal setting, time management, and confidence building. Mentors help their Mentees seek new opportunities, develop a professional network, and stay connected to achieving their goals.
Are you interested in being a GEM Mentor?
1. Do you have a minimum of 5 years of industry experience?
2. Can you attend up to 5 'GEMinar' workshops per cohort year (Skill-building workshops that take place on a Saturday morning from 10:00am-12:30pm?)
3. Can you commit to a 9-month mentorship relationship which includes digital weekly touch-points and monthly in-person meetings?
4. Can you submit a cleared background/vulnerable sector police check before the program start date?
5. Do you live in the City of Hamilton?
Applications for the Sep 2022-23 cohort is now closed. Please join our mailing list to be notified when applications open.
In 2021, the Allen and Milli Gould Family Foundation generously donated to the GEM Mentorship Program. Since then, GEM developed a partnership with the Allen and Milli Gould Family Foundation to establish a pilot mentorship program in Hamilton, Ontario.
Milli Gould was an inspirational woman, and the Foundation continues to support women and girls to be all they can be. For more information about Milli Gould, click here.
The YWCA of Hamilton is another valued community partner for this pilot project. If you have been referred to join GEM's program from the YWCA, please apply through these links:
- YWCA Hamilton MENTEE Application
For more information about the YWCA of Hamilton, please click here.
Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentorship, GEM's monthly curriculum, as well as our GEMinars, GEMenrichments, scholarships and internships, which are sponsored by GEM's generous corporate partners.
Do you have questions or inquiries about this exciting pilot project? Email us at email@example.com or use the form below.